Sunday, August 24, 2014

Day 25: Catch-up photos from the past few days--Gail's pics







I Left My Shoes In Paris, France
Today is catch-up day for photos.We've been clocking about five miles a day walking, so the first photo is of the demise of my favorite shoes.  Yep, I wore a hole in them!  They'll stay in Paris forever.  The rest of the photos are virtual gifts.  When we were in Harrods in London, we saw so many gifts we would have loved to have brought home to friends and family.  But alas, our bags are already snuggling up to the 50 lb limit and our Swiss bank account ran out weeks ago.  So friends and family, here are your gifts in photos.  Enjoy!


Scene of the Crime
Hmmm...which way to go?


Let's go right to the chocolate.
This and all of the following chocolate is for all my friends at Laurel School

Beautifully designed chocolate truffles

Yummmm. SLABS of chocolate

For Patrice, who first introduced us to this chocolate
 one glorious Christmas years ago


This reminded me of my dad.  He loved gooseberries.



That cake in the back corner is for
my sister-in-law, Vicki

...and this would be for Jay, reminiscent of his younger years
For Sammi--real cuttlefish! (Not to worry, sweet grandaughter...we have something real for you, too.)
This photo keeps popping up and won't let me delete it!
An omen perhaps?

For my garden-loving sister, Judy
Oysters for brother-in-law David

HUGE crab legs for daughters Kat and Amy

And on to the toys...
For David.  All children should have one of these, right?


Or maybe a Hummer


Flat Stanley loved reading this book and suggested
it for a certain someone.
Gail would have gone with the Dress Up Kate one.

This had a hilarious subtitle which cannot be seen
in this photo, and of course, I've forgotten what it was!
Guess you'll have to check Amazon.com















2 comments:

  1. Mmm, thanks! (Can we do Christmas this way, too?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great idea! At first I thought you meant the seafood and that was a definite no. But virtual presents? I love it!

      Delete